- Saratoga/Platte R. Valley Aspen Workshop June 18, 2014. Rawlings Daily Times.
- As Utah's biggest and oldest resident, 'he' may be dying. June 9, 2014. KSL.
- Quaking aspen set to oust blue spruce as state tree. February 10, 2014. KSL.
- USU professor hopes aspen's designation as state tree will lead to conservation. March 28, 2014. Herald Journal* NOTE: requires HJ account.
- Quaking aspen set to oust blue spruce as state tree. February 10, 2014. Madeleine Brown. KSL.com.
- Utah Looks to Change State Tree. February 7, 2014. Morgan Pratt. Utah Public Radio.
- USU officials part of effort to designate the quaking aspen as state tree. February 5, 2014 Kevin Opsahl. Herald Journal.
- The world's largest known organism is in Utah-and it's dying. November 20, 2013. By Matthew D. LaPlante. City Weekly.
- Utah lawmaker seeks to change state tree. October 27, 2013. Daily Herald.
- Aspen's Roots on Access Utah Utah Public Radio, Interview with Paul Sullivan, author of "Aspen's Roots" and Paul Rogers of WAA. October 8, 2013.
- Daily Herald, Quaking aspen population in trouble, July 1, 2013
- KRCL Interview with Paul Rogers, Spring 2013.
- Utah Forest News, Winter 2013. Aspen Research Sheds Light on Management and Diversity.
- Living on Earth Week of February 1, 2013. The World's Largest Organism In Trouble (Paul Rogers and Karen Mock).
- Sacramento Bee November 3, 2012. In an environmental exchange, some ancient trees are killed to help others.
- Fox 13 News Salt Lake City October 30, 2012. Pando, one of the world‘s largest living organisms, is dying.
- Salt Lake Tribune July 30, 2012. Ranchers and environmentalists team up to save aspens.
- Salt Lake Tribune November 25, 2011. In Utah, world’s largest ‘living’ organism is, well, dying
- Logan Herald Journal September 29, 2011. Aspen alliance a network for science.
- USA TODAY Arizona May 7, 2011. Forest Service tries to restore aspen in Flagstaff.
- KCPW Park City Interview April 5, 2011. Or go to KPCW HERE.This episode of KPCW's This Green Earth was all about climate change, bark beetles and the changing face of Western forests.
- Pando Clone Radio Interview January 21, 2011. Science Questions by Sheri Quinn and Suzi Montgomery, or get podcast from iTunes at http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/science-questions/id375862051
- New York Times October 18, 2010 Killer of Aspen Slows, but Worries About a Beloved Tree Remain by Kirk Johnson
- KSL-TV October 7, 2010 Scientists working to save
Utah anomaly by John Hollenhorst
- Deseret News October 7, 2010 Central Utah's Pando, world's largest living thing, is threatened, scientists say by John Hollenhorst
- KSL-radio October 2, 2010. The Greenhouse by Larry Sagers
- Utah State Today September 30, 2010 USU Scientists Study World's Largest Organism and Why It’s in Peril.
- BBC News August 17, 2010 Trees can't live forever without sex, study shows by Howard Falcon-Lang.
- KPCW 91.9 FM March 4, 2010 This Green Earth, Interview with Paul Rogers (or click HERE to listen to the audio file (approx. 9 mb)
- ABC News November 12, 2009 Why are the Rocky Mountains' majestic Aspen trees mysteriously dying? (video)
- NPR October 27, 2009 Aspen Die-Off May Hurt Colorado’s Economy by Kirk Siegler
LA Times October 19, 2009 Global warming blamed for aspen die–off across the West by Nicholas Riccardi
New York Times October 15, 2009 Experts Pin Hopes on Cutting, Burning to Save West's Dying Aspen by Bryan Gable
Wall Street Journal October 14, 2009, Aspen Trees Die Across the West Mysterious Ailment, in Wake of Pine-Beetle Invasion, Diminishes Fall Foliage
Payson Roundup October 9, 2009 Mystery aspen deaths by Pete Aleshire
- Living on Earth September 23, 2009, Vanishing Aspens (courtesy of: Living on Earth – loe.org
- Reuters September 3, 2009 Fall colors fade in U.S. West as aspen trees die by Laura Zuckerman
Lords of Nature, Life in a Land of Great Predators (the impact on vegetation, particularly aspen and willow)
Utah Forest News, Genetic Diversity of Pando Clone
Smithsonian Magazine, “What’s Killing the Aspen?”
KSL TV, Salt Lake City, Trees dying off in unprecedented numbers
Herald Journal, Logan, Utah, Researchers explore wolves, aspen, and decline
Associated Press: Scientists Say Aspens Are Dying Out West
ABC News, The Decline of the Quaking Aspen